Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What a Day...

Okay, I finally get my wireless set up here at the RV and decided to put up a post. What to write about? I know, how about how my day went so far…

So I was on my way out to our property to meet with the builder and designer, cruising along down our dusty bumpy road when my truck. Just. Dies. I mean, no warning, no nothing, just all of the sudden, the tach rolls back to 0 and I coast to the side and stop. Luckily my builder drove by a few minutes later and gave me a lift to the site to stake out the house and go over the final plans (which are way cool!). Then he tells me how much the building permit will cost. Well, actually, the brand new “impact fee” which was put into affect 1 June. So, now the permit plus “impact fee” will be DOUBLE what it was last month. Yep, last month, if our original plans had been done, we would have started construction and not had to pay the “impact fee”. Oh, and the “impact fee” is supposed to be used to help maintain the roads, just like the inflated taxes do. Oh yeah, the road we will live on, is CRAP! Washboards you can get lost in. Am I bitter? Just a little.

So, my truck is dead (I’ll let you know how Dodge warranty service works out). I know I know Cowgirl will let me know how Dodge suck blah blah blah… (you know I’m only pulling your leg CG; and what a leg it is; but I digress…)

So, then I go to check on registering all my vehicles and of course that’s gonna cost me about $5K, so the hits just keep coming!

On a lighter note, my dogs are making me laugh more and more everyday. I take them out to our property and they get out of the truck and immediately relieve themselves; but if I take them on their morning or afternoon walk, it takes at least a half hour to find the perfect spot worthy of their poo. I just don’t get it.

Well, the only thing else I wanted to say was to have you all go read the letter Matt at Blackfive posted by Col Brett Wyrick (I’ve served with the Col’s brother and have seen other letters, so I’m sure this letter is authentic) about Marines. Go. Read. Now.

Till nest time, Cheers!

2 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

omg Fords-blah! shoulda bought a chevy.....

I am SO GLAD you have your wireless! now you can get back to your regular posting....yeah, wheres the pics?

Rude1 said...

ladies, ladies! Have patience! lol Pics will be soon, but posting will still be a bit slow with everything going on. I am up and running tho! Great to see you both :)