Thursday, September 10, 2009

BullShite

I'm so sick and tired of the double standards and pussyfooting that goes on in Congress. The latest bit of crap to set me off happened when Dick (head) Durbin said this: "The person who said it will pay a price,” Durbin said. “I think the average American thinks that the president and the office deserve respect, and that was a disrespectful comment. They'll pay a price in the court of public opinion." in reference to Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst during the president's (again, no capital P on purpose) address last night.

I'm still angry with the way things were handled when the same Dick (head) Durbin compared the U.S. military to Pol Pot, Nazis and Russian gulags back in 2005. I wrote my senators back then and received a canned response from Orrin Hatch telling me how he agreed with me BUT, Dick (head) had apologized and therefore forgiven. BULLSHITE! I wrote Mr. Hatch back and told him that I had learned when I was seven years old that saying you're sorry when you knowingly said or did something wrong, didn't cut it! You need to be accountable for your actions, not act like a spoiled kid.

I wonder if Dick (head) thinks the members of our military deserve some respect, or the common folks of America for that matter.

It's time we have more members willing to stand up and call these people out. Forget this "distinguished gentleman" or "the honorable" so and so. Quit acting like a bunch of pompous pussies and show some back bone. Stop trying to out-nice the next guy. I for one want to hear some honest dialog.

No comments: